Monday, June 27, 2005

Updated Critical, Darling FAQ 06/27/05

Aren't you hot?
Jesus, yeah. We're working on feasability tests on putting A/C up in our apartment. I'm praying for a good outcome.

I heard you were working on a new summer look called "The Conga Player From Santana". How's that going?
I don't know, man. My feelings on it change from day to day. While I truly am into TCPFS in theory and as an occasional look, and even though my dirttee (a dirtstache crossed with a goatee) is coming in nicely, I don't know if I'm dedicated enough to rock one full-time. I am, you know, trying to be attractive to the ladies, and if there's one thing less attractive than someone rocking ironic dirt-style facial hair it's someone who's serious about it.

Um, okay. So what are you listening to?
I was really hoping that the chilly atmospherics of Portishead's Roseland NYC Live could maybe funtion as an ersatz air conditioning, but it turns out while Beth Gibbons really does deliver the vocal iciness, it doesn't actually translate to a physical cooling effect. Otherwise, the Nedelle record, the new Weird War, the new Dance Disaster Movement, My Chemical Romance.

My Chemical Romance?
Next question.

I heard you had a new dj gig.
Yeah. Right now it's called LeROC'D, but I might change the name. I'm doing one the 29th, and probably more after that if it goes well. You should come. It's at Celebrity in Wicker Park.

Celebrity? Isn't that kind of yuppified?
Actually the place is pretty sweet. You can get fancy drinks or you can get cheap-ass cans of beer for like two bucks. Plus dude, isn't errything in Wicker Park yuppified these days? Jesus, it's like, I don't know, hordes of them up there. And I'm going to try to bring in my own dvds to play on the plasma tvs. And I'm just happy to be hanging out in air-con. But seriously, you should come.

Aren't you afraid that you may have just given yourself food poisoning with the mayo you just put on your sandwich?
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.

Is it possible to combat food poisoning by eating ice cream sandwiches?
That's what we're hoping.

No comments: