Thursday, August 18, 2005

"Butthole". Why not?

I just wrote a semi-businessy email re: some dj work in which I compared playing Nine Inch Nails for hipster kids with a finger to the butthole of a someone you're getting freaky with, in that very few people will actually ask for it, but more than you'd expect will go off if you do. For a second I thought it was kind of weird that I wrote that, but I guess it's just par for the course of mid-to-late 2005 when Jessica and I (usually totes up on the creation or early adoption of street-hot slang) are using the word "butthole" more often than any other Americans over age 8. It's like the slang equivalent of grad students working at Starbucks. I told a friend in a band that we titled an interview with him that's running in HIOQI XVIII, "Like A Laser Beam To Your Butthole". For a second he looked like I had told him we'd napalmed his living room.

No comments: